Rich's Inlet & Lee's Island

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I haven't been to Rich's Inlet in years.  Masonboro and Mason's Inlet's are closer, and with the shells plentiful at Masonboro and the tropical, clear water at Mason's, I haven't had a reason.  So I made a reason up.  Low tide was late in the day, but it had been a brutal week, so I headed south for about an hour of quick shelling.  I think there may be some awesome shells on this barrier island!  Here's what I found:  coral, moonstones, a shark tooth, and two keyhole limpets (one of my favorite shells to find).  Quick success feels just as good as a full day scouring the beach.  :)

Bounty

After all these storms recently, I can't wait to get back out there and see what they washed ashore! And, it's Loggerhead hatching season.  How exciting!

xo
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS