Thousands of beautiful stars washed up on America's #1 Beach

Monday, January 26, 2015

Seriously.  Kiawah Island was voted by Conde Nast Traveler as the #1 beach in the United States.  And, yesterday after a little bit of work on the island, I moseyed over to see if the recent storms washed anything interesting up on our 10 miles of pristine beach.  Dressed for church and work, I wasn't exactly fit for a stroll along the beach, especially in my 3 inch suede booties.  You should have seen some of the looks I received from appropriately dressed beach combers.  It was worth it though - what a scene.  Check out all the Starfish littered along Kiawah Island:





Assumed this Starfish was alive.  I left it undisturbed.

The weather was almost as lovely as the beach.  60 degree temperatures made it difficult to leave.  Matthew and I had a company party in Mount Pleasant, so I had to go.  Check out the shot of this freight and the Ravenel bridge.  "I wish I didn't live in Charleston and work on Kiawah Island" said no one ever.



Cheers,
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS