Bald Head Artisan Show & Burroughs and Chapin Museum!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - it may not feel like spring, but it does mean a trip to my favorite place in the world.  With it being Easter and one of my favorite aunts birthday's (as well as a cousin's birthday, a friend's birthday, and a Hollywood party), it wasn't the most convenient time to have a reason to visit the beloved island. SO, it was only a day trip for me to sell my scarves at the Easter BHI Artisan Show and Sale.  It was cold and rainy, which proved successful for us BHI Artisans.  I took the 9 o'clock ferry and hustled to West Beach before the show to comb the beach quickly.  Lucky for me, the high tide coming in pushed a sand dollar up for me to start my day.  After seven hours of meeting lovely people, selling scarves, and brainstorming with new clients about new possible products, it was time to catch the ferry back.  It was late, which is a bit shocking, so I had another few minutes to comb West Beach successfully.  I left the island with more clients and two sand dollars.  

Display at Burroughs Chapin Museume


The Franklin G. Burroughs Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum in Myrtle Beach, SC

It's no secret that I want my scarves to be in every retail market in the United States.  Come to think of it, I should be resort hopping and getting them into every tropical retail market along every coast imaginable. (I think I just set a goal.)  Although I have a decent business background, it doesn't make it any easier to get your product out there.  And, I've tried.  How convenient then, that an awesome client treated most of her family to Margaret Turner Designs Scarves for Christmas, and one of them just so happens to work at the Burroughs Chapin Museum in Myrtle Beach.  Even more lucky for me, she also likes the scarf enough to wear it to work.  The shop manager then tracked me down and worked with me to come up with a wholesale price that made sense for both me and the museum.   And, now my scarves are for sale at the Burroughs Chapin Art Museum.  It's pretty cool to be in retail, but it's beyond cool to be in retail at a museum.  Thank you all at the Burroughs Chapin Museum for making this happen!  I can only hope that it's the start of not only a long relationship in Myrtle Beach, SC, but the beginning of many retail outlets for my products.

Please visit the museum when you are in the area - you can check out their website here.  They have a lovely Mullen Exhibit currently, a studio for youth education, and feature high school local artists and some of their work.  Please makes sure you ask to see the Margaret Turner Design display in the museum store!

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS