Hunt - more hobbies; Gather - Watercolors!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Like I need something else to do.  In addition to designing and sewing scarves, my new love is painting.  Who knew I was an artist.  Growing up, I guess I thought of myself as an athlete since I couldn't sit still.  As I got older and starting working in (gag) Corporate America, and I wondered why I was unhappy (I can't believe I used the word gag).  So, I studied acting, even went and got an MBA.  Which was hysterical - me trying to fit into this competitive mock corporate structure.  I loved it, don't get me wrong, but I did not fit in.  And, I wondered why.  I think I know now.  Because I am an entrepreneur and an artist, and I am so outside the box, that I'm in a sphere.  The strange thing is, is that I can pretend very well that I am normal - I am an actress after all.  I am not normal though.  Corporate America is not for me.  And, that's okay.  I'm okay with the fact that I barely painted a room in a house that I call my office/studio, and that I live a block from the beach.  I actually have a bathing suit on right now (with a cute cover up mind you).  So, I think I'm okay with being an artist.  I posted some of my work on Facebook, and I now have sold 8 of them.  People are commissioning me to paint more.  Is that right, can I actually say that?  There is no way I am a commissioned artist.  Wait, why can I not be okay with that?  Who knows, something to think about more when I am shelling perhaps.

Anyway, (told you I wasn't normal), here are some new watercolors I recently painted; all but the Spanish Mackerel with the pink background have been sold.  They are $30 each.  Email me if you are interested in any of them, or customize.  I can paint it, email you a picture, and if you like it, it's sold!


Spanish Mackerel Original

Penguin Original
Blue Crab Original

Red Drum Original

Spanish Mackerel Original
Email me at margaretturnerdesigns@gmail.com if you would like your very own original custom watercolor.  And, have a great day!

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS