Homemade Garden with Conch and Whelk Trim

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I have always wanted a garden, but haven't had a yard large enough to accommodate one until now.  Goodness knows I had no idea what I was in for.  I definitely had some ambition, and afterwards, I was so sore I felt like I went water-skiing for 2 hours.  It literally hurt to roll over in bed.  But, now I have a garden, and it looks like some things are still growing.  Here it is, the day I did it.  I am surprised I could lift my phone to get a picture.


Since then, I decided to use my whelks and conchs from shelling as a trim.  I am most positive they will keep out the bunny rabbits, squirrels, our pet woodpecker, and whatever else lives in our backyard and vicinity.  But, who cares, it looks kind of cool.

Conchs and whelks trimming my first garden.

Thyme and purple basil. 

Various peppers.

Cilantro.

Rosemary.

Flat leaf parsley. 

Lettuce.

Heirloom tomato :).

Squash.

Habenaro.

Jalapeno.

I need to weed, and pick up pine straw.  I'll add that to my list of things to do today.  

What are you planting this summer? 

Cheers,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS