Bird Island Hunt and Gather

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Last week I was determined to find sand dollars.  And, low tide was nice enough to come early in the morning.  I was so determined that I woke up wide eyed at 4:45 a.m.  Patiently waiting until the sun came up, I did a little work before combing the beach.  And, because of the cloudy weather, I was the only one walking towards the Little River Inlet Jetty on Bird Island. 

This Sand Dollar had a suction animal on it.  I removed it, but I think that's why it's discolored.

Gorgeous cloudy morning.

Bird Island Reserve

Calico Crab Shell

Sand Dollar

Baby Sand Dollar

Sand Dollar
Mornings like this are the best way to start the day.  The feeling of having an island to yourself is almost heavenly, and then to find these treasures just laying on the ground is joyful.  If you see me on the beach talking to my gems, just ignore me.  I already know I'm slightly crazy.

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS