Margaret Turner Designs - Watercolors

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Being around other artists is inspiring and creative.  This past weekend at the F8 Artist Show, Barbara Jamison ( Barbara Jamison Fine Art) was kind enough to help me come to terms with the fact that I can actually sketch and paint.  Apparently, those of us artists who are good at math, are supposed to be good at watercolor.  Barbara brought some of her supplies and coached me through the process while giving me great pointers on watercolor technique throughout the weekend.

I decided to stay within my scope, and paint my shells.  My first was the speckled crab.  Since it's flat and only two colors, I reasoned that it would most definitely be the simplest.  I forgot about all the specks, so I just did some here and there.

Crab watercolor on crab scarf.
Not only does it look decent, I have to tell you - I love it!  So, I did a couple more.  On top of that, it also happened to be my Mimi's birthday and my brother's birthday so I had unique gifts for both of them.  My brother loves to hunt (crab), and I learned my love for shelling from my grandmother, so she got the sea urchin watercolor:

Sea urchin watercolor.

Horseshoe crab watercolor may need some help.

I will post more watercolors when I finish them my website (Margaret Turner Designs Watercolors) so please check there for updates.

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 
TEMPLATE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS